Dr Amie Hanlon’s interest in obstetrics and gynaecology began in her early years of medical school. That interest, along with her professional knowledge and experience, has grown and today she provides exceptional care and attention to her patients at Greenslopes Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Dr Hanlon studied at the University of Queensland, completing her Bachelor of Science (Hons) in 2001, and Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) in 2006. She went on to complete her internship and resident years at the Gold Coast Hospital, Southport and the Mater Hospital, Brisbane. She returned to the Gold Coast Hospital in 2010 to commence her training, which she continued at Toowoomba Hospital, Mater Hospital and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
Her interests and professional knowledge span all areas of obstetrics and gynaecology. However, she has a special interest in adolescent gynaecology.
Dr Hanlon enjoys working in private practice and providing ongoing care to patients of all ages. She prides herself on her warmth, quality of care and the provision of easy-to-understand advice and information.
Away from work, Dr Hanlon enjoys spending time with her energetic nieces and nephews. She’s a mad keen Brisbane Broncos supporter, and she enjoys eating great food – she balances this interest with a regular fitness routine.
I am an obstetrician and gynaecologist practicing as part of Greenslopes Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Greenslopes Private Hospital. We are specialists who have come together with the common goal of providing quality care in a friendly and professional environment.
The practice rooms are located alongside the premium maternity facility at Greenslopes Private Hospital, allowing access to one of Brisbane's leading private hospitals with its modern facilities.
I am also an accredited Visiting Medical Officer at the Mater Mothers' Private Hospital, so I can offer continuity of care if preterm difficulties arise.
The maternity ward at Greenslopes Private Hospital offers state-of-the-art, beautifully appointed, modern amenities. All newly built private rooms are equipped with the finest facilities, and half of the rooms have double beds allowing families to be together from the beginning.
There is also a well-baby nursery to cater for the individual needs of both the mother and baby, as well as our special care nursery for babies who need extra support.
- Spacious birthing suites
- Dedicated maternity lounge for patients and their loved ones
- Maternity rooms with:
– Wi-Fi connectivity
– Large flat screen TVs and Foxtel connection
– Coffee machines and iPod docking stations
- A well-baby nursery and special care nursery
- 24-hour cover by anesthetists, pediatricians and physicians
- Onsite childbirth education classes.
For more information, visit Greenslopes Private Hospital website.
Registration and membership
- Medical Board Registration MED0000972262
- RANZCOG Fellow
- AGES Member
- Australasian Menopause Society (AMS)
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (ANZSPAG)
- Australia and New Zealand Vulvovaginal Society (ANZVS)
- FRANZCOG awarded January 2016
- MBBS (UQ) awarded 2006
- BSc (Hons) awarded 2001
- BSc awarded 2000
Registrar Level 6 (RANZCOG Trainee)
- Senior Registrar, Mater Mothers’ Hospitals, South Brisbane, 2015
Registrar Level 5
- Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology Fellow, RBWH, 2014
Registrar Level 4
- Mater Mothers’ Hospitals, South Brisbane, 2013
- RANZCOG oral examination completed
Registrar Level 3
- Toowoomba Base Hospital, 2012
- RANZCOG written examination completed
Registrar Level 1 & 2
- Gold Coast Hospital, 2010 & 2011
Senior House Officer (RMO)
- Mater Mothers’ Hospitals, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2009
Junior House Officer (RMO) & Intern
- Gold Coast Hospital, 2007 & 2008
- Completed Diploma of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in 2008
Ongoing medical education
- AGES Pelvic Floor Symposium, 2015
- Instructor, NOVICE junior doctor O&G skills course (MMH), 2015
- RCOG World Congress 2015, Joint RCOG/RANZCOG Event, Brisbane
- IMPROVE Workshop (ANZSA), 2015
- 13th European Congress of Paediatric & Adolescent Gynaecology, (BritsPAG/EURAPAG), 2014
- Queensland Centre for Gynaecological Cancer Symposium, 2014
- Examiner, medical student O&G rotation (UQ), 2014 & 2015
- Gynaecology Laparoscopic Workshop (RBWH), 2014
- North American Society for Paediatric & Adolescent Gynaecology Annual Clinical and Research Meeting (NASPAG), 2014
- Registrar Urogynaecology Education Day (Gold Coast Hospital), 2013
- Maternity Emergency Management Course (Mater Mothers’ Hospital), 2013 & 2015
- Translating Research into Practice Symposium, Mater Medical Research Institute, 2013 & 2015
- i-Research course, Mater Medical Research Institute, 2013 & 2015
- Membership Pre-Exam Course (RANZCOG Qld), 2012
- PSANZ Queensland Update, 2011
- Colposcopy Update (ASCCP & RANZCOG), 2011
- Introduction to Obstetric Ultrasound (AIU), 2011
- Maternity Crisis Resource Management course, 2010
- Basic Surgical Skills Workshop (RANZCOG), 2010
- Perineal Trauma and Vaginal Surgery Workshop (RANZCOG Qld), 2010
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program, 2010
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) course, 2008
- Hospital Audits– The significance of maternal temperature in labour (MMH 2009); Caesarean for “fetal distress” (Toowoomba Hospital 2012); Reducing the rate of major perineal trauma – measuring pre- and post- a “package of intervention” (MMH 2013); Route of Hysterectomy (RBWH 2014); Who should be managed expectantly after miscarriage? (MMH 2015)
- 19th FIGIJ World Congress of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology 2019
- Global Obstetrics Update 2019
- AGES ASM 2019
- ANZVS Biennial Scientific Update 2016, 2018
- RANZCOG ASM 2017 (with PAG workshop)
- AGES ASM 2016
Presentations, research, policies
- Hanlon A, Beckmann M. Mode of birth and early postnatal psychological morbidity. ANZJOG 2015; 55:578-583.
- Hanlon A, Kimble R. Incidental gonadal tumours at the time of gonadectomy in women with Swyer syndrome: a case series. Journal of Pediatric& Adolescent Gynecology 2015; 28(2):e27-e29.
- The high fetal head at term: obstetric outcomes (MMH)
- Episiotomy (MMH 2015)
- Pregnancy care of older mothers (MMH 2013)
- Vaginal breech birth (GCH 2011)
My fees are affordable yet enable me to provide you with the best quality of care. A general fee schedule is available through Greenslopes Obstetrics and Gynaecology reception on 07 3188 5000, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions about the billing process or the fees.
For privately-insured patients, I have a ‘known gap’ arrangement with health funds for gynaecologic surgery. There is a ‘no gap’ arrangement for delivery for obstetric patients with private health insurance. There may still be anaesthetic and paediatric gap fees depending on the situation
For patients without insurance, fees will be discussed in detail at your consultation.